Saturday, December 12, 2009

Blue Bloods


Blue Bloods is the first book in her Blue Bloods series by Melissa De la Cruz. From the back cover.~

Schuyler Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes to the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates. But when she turns fifteen, Schuyler’s life changes dramatically. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected ways. And strangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.

Once an outcast, Schuyler is thrust into Manhattan’s most exclusive social circle. Its members are the powerful, the wealthy, and-as Schuyler soon discovers-the unhuman. They are Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they’ve been invincible. Now something is preying on this elite group, and Schuyler wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all?

I really enjoy reading YA books, and especially books about vampires. Some of my favorite series are the House of Night, Morganville Vampires, the Twilight saga, and the Vampire Academy. I would now add Blue Bloods to this list of series I love.

I loved Schuyler and her best friends Oliver and Dylan. I even liked the mean girl character Mimi Force, her new friend Bliss and Mimi's twin brother Jack. Just like in an other high school on earth, you have your various levels of clicks. At Duchesne, Mimi would be the queen bee of the school, while Schuyler and her friends are a little bit like misfits. While Mimi and Jack know they are among an elite group of vampires, Bliss and Schuyler are in the dark until they are asked to join a super secret society. When a member of the elite is found murdered, Schuyler and her friends start to look into the history of the Blue Bloods to find out if this has happened before. What follows brings new friendships to Schuyler's life, answers to come questions about her past, and more questions for her future and the future of her friends.

Melissa De la Cruz gives the readers a wonderful group of characters with a very strong story in Blue Bloods. I already have the next book in the series, Masquerade in my TBR pile, thanks to my niece loaning me her copy.


**Disclaimer** I bought Blue Bloods with my own money.


No comments: