Saturday, April 09, 2011

No Boundaries Training...Here I Come

This time last year, I signed up for the No Boundaries training through one of the local fitness stores. Fleet Feet offers a training program to help people prepare to walk, run, or walk/run a 5K. I did three 5ks last year following the training, as well as one 10K. I started training for the Nashville Half Marathon and ended up with a stress fracture in my right foot, and had to stop running for about 8 weeks. About the time my foot healed completely, I was diagnosed with bronchitis. It took me over 4 weeks to recover, and I really haven't run more than a few times since January.

The No Boundaries program helped to get me going last year, so I decided to do the training again this year. We have our first group run on April 26th, but they have suggested we start getting ready for the training by walking or working out at least 3-4 days a week for 30-45 minutes. I figure the training will not only help me to get back into shape, but will also help me with my weight loss. I've really gotten away from taking care of myself lately, and I know this is the first step to get me back on track.


No comments: