Sunday, August 14, 2011

Jennifer's Garden


Jennifer’s Garden is the debut novel by Dianne Venetta. From the author’s website.~

In a race against time, cardiologist Jennifer Hamilton is caught between her mother’s dying wish and taking the risk of a lifetime with Jackson Montgomery. He’s the man hired to complete the landscaping for her new home; the venue for her upcoming wedding. Jackson’s everything she never wanted in a man, but as the job progresses, his lure pulls strong. It’s an attraction she cannot deny.

And one that puts her career on the line.

I was contacted by the author through twitter and offered a review copy of Jennifer’s Garden. After reading the blurb on the author’s website, I knew I wanted to read it. I love all genres of romance, but contemporary romances were the first ones I read and still hold a special place in my heart. Jennifer’s Garden is a fabulous contemporary romance.

I loved so many of the characters in this story. Jennifer was a bit up-tight as the story began, but she had so much pressure on her, I gave her a pass. I absolutely loved Jennifer’s mom. She was still so positive, even as she knew her life was coming to an end. I also got a big kick out of Jennifer’s best friend Sam. She is the friend every woman needs in their life and only a few of us are lucky enough to actually have her in our life. When Jennifer’s Garden begins, Jennifer is engaged to be married to Aurello, who is in the process of opening a new art gallery. Jennifer is on the search for a landscaper to finish her yard so she and Aurello can be married in her garden, which is her mother’s final wish. Enter Jackson Montgomery, who I loved from the moment he appeared on the page (maybe I was picturing sexy Jackson Montgomery from AMC at first). Jennifer is a bit ugly to him in the beginning, because she first meets him as a bartender at a friend’s party and doesn’t think he is more than just a bartender. He soon proves he is an amazing landscaping artist.

Maybe because I met Jackson, Jax to his friends, first I liked him so much more than Jennifer’s fiancé Aurello. I didn’t like Aurello from the moment he appeared in the story. He didn’t really do anything outright to make me dislike him, but something about him just seemed off to me. I think it’s because everything had to be about what he wanted. Never once did I see him worry about what others around him wanted, not even Jennifer. Luckily, Jennifer sees him for who he really is before she makes a huge mistake. Even better, she and Jax have become closer as he has worked each day at her house. Although there have still been misunderstandings between them, both have very strong feeling for each other.

I really loved Jennifer’s Garden and look forward to reading more books by Dianne Venetta. I’m especially excited for her next book, Lust on the Rocks, which is Jennifer’s best friend Samantha’s story.

2 comments:

Maria D. said...

Thanks for the great review! I just picked this up from B&N for my Nook and it was on sale too which made me even happier:)

Dianne Venetta said...

Yay! I LOVE sales! :) Enjoy!