Saturday, December 31, 2011

Favorite Books read in 2011



I’ve read over 100 books this year and have found some amazing new-to-me authors this year. Many of the books on my list are by some of my must-read authors. About half of the books on the list are either from new-to-me authors or debut authors. I have to thank so many of my twitter peeps and blog friends for helping me find some of my new favorite books/series. 



1. Serendipity by Carly Phillips is not only my favorite contemporary romance I read this year, but my favorite book I read all year. In fact, the entire Serendipity series might be my favorite series of books ever by Carly. 
2. Cold Touch by Leslie Parrish is my favorite Leslie Parrish book ever. Might even be my favorite book written by Leslie as either Leslie Parrish or Leslie Kelly.
3. Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison is my favorite book by a new-to-me author. Love the entire Elder Race series so far.
4. Night After Night by Janelle Denison is my favorite book written by Janelle ever!
5. The Heart of a Killer by Jaci Burton is her first romantic suspense and she totally rocked it.
6. Because of You by Jessica Scott is her debut novel and I can't wait to read more books from Jessica in the future.
7. The Sweetest Thing by Jill Shalvis is my favorite in her Lucky Harbor series and my favorite of her books I read this year. 
8. The Legendary Lovers series (loved all 3, but Danny is my favorite brother) by Julie Leto is one of Julie's best series ever.
9. First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones was a find thanks to twitter. So glad I found this book and series.
10. The Renfield Syndrome by JA Saare feeds my Disco love. I met Jamie at the Lori Foster get together in June and only acted a little fan-girl.
11. Real Men Will by Victoria Dahl is the 3rd book in her Donavan Brothers Brewery series and my favorite of her books I've read so far.
12. Sweet Tea & Secrets by Nancy Naigle is the 1st book in her Adams Grove series. I met Nancy at Lori's event in June and bought her book that weekend. Loved this book.
13. Yours to Keep by Shannon Stacey and all the other Kowalski books. Really hoping we get more Kowalski books in the future.
14. One Dance With a Duke by Tessa Dare is my favorite historical romance I read this year. I've loved every book of hers I've read.
15. New York to Dallas by JD Robb is the latest book in the In Death series and was gut-wrenching, but wonderful.
16. Spider’s Revenge by Jennifer Estep is the 5th book in the Elemental Assassin series and was my favorite of the series so far. I've listened to this entire series and can't wait for the next book in this series.
17. Can’t Help Falling In Love by Bella Andre is the 3rd book in her Sullivan series. Loved me some Gabe so much. Already plan on going back and reading the first 2 in the series.
18. Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh is the 1st book in her Psy/Changeling series. I found this series with about 10 other books to follow. Was lucky enough to meet Nalini at Lori's event in June. 
19. Uncommon Criminals by Ally Carter is the 2nd in her Heist Society series and just as wonderful as the 1st book in the series. My favorite series from Ally is her Gallagher Girl series. Out of Sight, Out of Time is set for release on March 13, 2012.
20. Sin Undone by Larissa Ione is the 5th book in her Demonica series and was so awesome. Loved Sin so much.


1

1 comment:

Twimom227 said...

Nice list! I've read #10, 18 & 20. Did you read all of the psy/changeling books? My favorite is Mercy and Riley's book!

Happy New Year! Jen