Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Brook Street: Fortune Hunter

Brook Street
: Fortune Hunter is the 2nd book in the Brook Street Trilogy from Ava March. From the Carina Press website.~


London, 1822

Impoverished Julian Parker returns to London with one goal: marry an heiress. He'll do whatever it takes, even if it means denying his desire for men. After all, with a fortune comes happiness and social acceptance--which have eluded Julian his entire life.

The only things a vast fortune has brought Oscar Woodhaven are greedy relatives and loneliness. At twenty-one years of age, he has everything a man could possibly want--except someone to love him. When he meets devastatingly handsome Julian Parker, he believes his luck has turned.

Between Oscar's lavish gifts and their searing-hot nights, Julian is caught between what he thinks he needs and what his heart truly desires. But when a betrayal threatens to tear them apart, Julian discovers he'll do whatever it takes to convince Oscar the greatest fortune of all is love.

I received an early copy thanks to NetGalley. I really loved the first book in this series and was excited to get a chance to read the 2nd book early. I enjoyed this book, but didn’t love it as much as I did the first book.

I loved Oscar so much. He really is one of my favorite characters from the series. I liked Julian, but it took me a bit to connect to his character and see who he really was. I guess because although he had come to London looking for an heiress to marry to secure his future, once he met Oscar, I never really saw him as a fortune hunter. He seemed to settle down once he met Oscar, and I started to really like him. Of course the path to love seems to always come with bumps and mistakes, and Julian makes a couple of really bad choices that ends up hurting Oscar. It also helps that Julian finally learns from his mistakes and  realizes his true feelings and sees himself for who and what he really is.

As much as I love all the M/M sexy scenes together, I loved the cuddling scenes between Oscar and Julian after they made love just as much. I totally felt the romance that was there between them in both instances, but loved the sweet every bit as much as the spicy.

Fortune Hunter was a very fast read and I did end up enjoying the story. The release date for Fortune Hunter was April 9, 2012 and is available from your favorite e-book retailer. The 3rd book in the series, Rogues, comes out in May and I can’t wait to finally get Radcliffe’s story.

No comments: