Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Somebody to Love


Somebody to Love is the newest release from Kristan Higgins. From the back cover.~

After her father loses the family fortune in an insider-trading scheme, single mom Parker Welles is faced with some hard decisions. First order of business: go to Gideon's Cove, Maine, to sell the only thing she now owns—a decrepit house in need of some serious flipping. When her father's wingman, James Cahill, asks to go with her, she's not thrilled…even if he is fairly gorgeous and knows his way around a toolbox.

Having to fend for herself financially for the first time in her life, Parker signs on as a florist's assistant and starts to find out who she really is. Maybe James isn't the glib lawyer she always thought he was. And maybe the house isn't the only thing that needs a little TLC….

The official release date for Somebody to Love was April 24, 2012. I was lucky enough to get an early copy from NetGalley. I’m a big fan of Kristan Higgins and believes she totally delivers with her newest release.

I really loved both Parker and James from the moment they each appeared on the page. Parker is such a strong woman, and really only realizes how strong she is once her father loses the family fortune.  Her father’s right hand man James comes to help her out as she works to turn the falling down house she inherited into a home. She is on a bit of a deadline since her son will be back from vacation with his dad and new step-mom, Parker’s best friends, in 3 weeks.

While Parker takes on a part-time job at her cousin’s flower shop to help pay some of the bills, James takes care of the major work that is needed on the house and dock at her new home. Parker and James also work together to turn the house into a home. The more time they spend together, the more attracted they become to one another.  I really loved the chemistry between Parker and James. They have been attracted to one another for years, and even acted on that attraction years ago. When they are together this time, they are just as hot together if not more so than before.

I love when I read a Kristan Higgins book, I’m guaranteed to get a great love story filled with humor. I had people giving me funny looks when I laughed out loud in the waiting room as I read about Parker getting busted for selling pot. I had to laugh, because I couldn’t believe a grown woman didn’t know what pot looked like, even if she had never tried it before. Higgins made me laugh, cry and even cheer as I read this book. I look forward to more books from Higgins in the future.


No comments: