Sunday, September 02, 2012

Let Me Be The One

Let Me Be the One is the 6th book in the Sullivan Family series from Bella Andre. From the author’s website.~

In LET ME BE THE ONE, the brand-new book in Bella Andre’s New York Times and USA Today bestselling series about the Sullivan family, an unexpected friends-to-lovers romance might not only turn out to be so much hotter than anything bad boy pro baseball player Ryan Sullivan has ever known...but much, much sweeter, too. 

When Vicki Bennett saved Ryan Sullivan’s life as a teenager, it was the beginning of a close friendship that never wavered despite her failed marriage to someone else and Ryan’s well-earned reputation as a ladies man. So when she suddenly needs a pretend boyfriend to protect herself and her career from a powerful man’s advances, he is the only person she can imagine asking.

Ryan will do anything to protect Vicki from harm, but when their “fake” kisses and caresses lead to an incredibly sensual night that neither of them can resist, will he have made the biggest mistake of all by irreparably jeopardizing their friendship? Or is it possible that what they’ve both been looking for has been right there the whole time…and the perfect combination of wicked and sweet, friendship and love, is finally within reach?

I love Bella Andre’s books and have mad love for the Sullivan family. I really wish I could marry one of the Sullivan brothers…at least they are all on my book boyfriend list. Just when I think I’ve found my favorite story in the series, Bella gives me another story to fall in love with. Ryan and Vicki’s story is another winner. I love the friends to lovers’ storyline, and think it was pulled off extremely well in Let Me Be the One. Ryan and Vicki were best friends from the moment they met one another in high school. The fact that each secretly loved the other only made their friendship even stronger. Their friendship has stayed strong even though they have been apart for years. Ryan will do anything to both protect and make Vicki happy. The attraction between Ryan and Vicki is obvious to everyone who is around them. It was kind of funny to watch them both fight said attraction for one another for so long. Will say when they finally give in to their attraction, they steamed up the screen on my kindle. I have to say Ryan and Vicki’s love scenes were much hotter than most of those from the earlier books in the series.

Ryan and Vicki were best friends first and I think that made them so much stronger as a couple. I also loved watching Vicki become a much stronger person as the story progressed. While she needed Ryan to help her hide from unwanted attention in the first of the book, she found the strength she always had within by the end of the story. I love watching couples fall in love in romances, and Ryan and Vicki’s story was one of my favorite stories I’ve read this year.

Up next for the Sullivan family series will be Come A Little Closer, which is Smith Sullivan’s story and should be released at some point this winter. For more information on the Sullivan Family series or any of the other books from Bella Andre, check out the author’s website.

No comments: