Thursday, January 24, 2013

All He Ever Dreamed


All He Ever Dreamed is the newest book in the Kowalski series from author Shannon Stacey. The digital release date was January 21, 2013 and the publisher is Carina Press. From the author’s website.~

Josh Kowalski is tired of holding down the fort—better known as the Northern Star Lodge—while his siblings are off living their dreams. Now that his oldest brother has returned to Whitford, Maine for good, Josh is free to chase some dreams of his own.

As the daughter of the lodge's longtime housekeeper, Katie Davis grew up alongside the Kowalski kids. Though she's always been "one of the guys", her feelings for Josh are anything but sisterly. And after a hot late-night encounter in the kitchen, it's clear Josh finally sees her as the woman she is.

Katie's been waiting years for Josh to notice her, but now that he has, she's afraid it's too late. Giving her heart to a man who can't wait to leave town is one sure way to have it broken. But Josh keeps coming up with excuses not to leave—could it be that everything he's ever wanted is closer than he could have imagined?

I have to say thank you so much to the publisher for approving me for this book from NetGalley. I’m counting down the days until I can add the print copy to my keeper shelf with the rest of my Kowalski collection.

I’ve wanted Josh and Katie to get together pretty much since we met the Kowalski cousins. I love a friends to lovers story and have to say Shannon Stacey hit it out of the ballpark with this one. I’ve laughed over the course of the series that Josh is so clueless to how Katie feels about him. She has been in love with him for years. I have to say one of the funniest parts of the entire book is when mistletoe is put up at the family Christmas party and Josh and Katie kiss for the first time.  I loved the chemistry between Katie and Josh so much. They have been best friends since they were kids and I loved they became even closer once they started dating. Josh has wanted to leave Whitford for as long as he can remember, but has stayed to keep running the family’s lodge. Everyone knows Josh wants to leave, and even after he starts dating Katie, him leaving town is still in the works. I thought Shannon did a wonderful job with the development of Katie and Josh from friends to lovers and loved how she dealt with Josh’s dream of leaving town.

I also loved watching Katie’s mom Rosie finally admit to her feelings for her husband’s best friend Andy. I’ve been waiting for them to admit their feelings for one another almost as long as I’ve been waiting for Josh and Katie to get together.  I seriously loved we got 2 romances for the price of one with this story.

I’m now ready for Liz Kowalski’s story to be released. As of now there isn’t a set release date for the final Kowalski cousin’s book, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it is sooner rather than later. For more information about Shannon’s books, check out her website.

No comments: