Thursday, June 06, 2013

Just What He Wanted


Just What He Wanted is the 4th book in the Holloway series from author HelenKay Dimon. The publisher is Carina Press and is set for release on June 10, 2013. From the back cover.~

Book four of the Holloway series

Travis Yardley thought he had everything he needed, but one look at Andrea Patterson shows him he was wrong. Andie is a gorgeous, curvy blonde who moves to town to manage a nearby campground. Seizing the chance to get close to her, Travis volunteers himself as tour guide and "bodyguard.'

After a bad breakup, Andie is looking to start over and determined to put her heart on hiatus. She's working on her self-esteem, and she is not ready for the likes of Travis. He comes on strong, with all the energy of a guy almost ten years her junior, which is exactly what he is.

Even as Travis's troubled past catches up with him, he pulls out all the stops to convince Andie he deserves a chance. And with the spring thaw hitting the Mountain View Resort, Andie discovers her own temperature rising whenever Travis looks her way…

I'm a huge fan of HelenKay Dimon and jumped at the chance to read the newest Holloway series book early. I’m so thankful the publisher approved me for a review copy from NetGalley.
 
I've always wanted to know more about Travis. He has always been pretty secretive about his past and after watching the other guys find their HEA, I wanted Travis to get his. I loved Travis and Andie together from the first moment they met. He completely lost his capacity to speak coherently and really made a bit of an ass of himself. Andie pulling a gun on him had me almost falling off my sofa I was laughing so hard. I loved that he was so attracted to her he couldn't even think.
 
Andie just got out of a bad relationship where her ex-boyfriend told her she needed to lose weight and then she caught him cheating on her. Andie is also attracted to Travis from the beginning, but he is younger than her, and she still has body image issues thanks to her idiot ex. Loved how Travis was so protective of Andie while still trying to convince her how perfect she was just as she was. He messed up a couple of times in a pretty major way, but it seemed like Andie needed that to see the real Travis, and even the Andie Travis sees.
 
HelenKay Dimon gives her readers some pretty sexy love scenes between Andie and Travis and only made me fall in love with them more as a couple. I also loved that Andie wasn't perfect in this relationship. She messes up when someone from Travis's past comes into the picture. Travis has to look beyond his past to see why Andie stepped in the way she did.


Just What He Wanted is another winner from HelenKay Dimon. I loved watching Travis and Andie’s relationship grow as well as seeing so many of my favorite characters from other books. I’ve fallen in love with so many of the characters in Holloway and really hope there will be more books in this series.

No comments: