Monday, November 18, 2013

Rumor Has It


He’ll help unleash the new woman in her…

Special Ops soldier Griffin Reid doesn’t exactly have happy memories of growing up in Sunshine, Idaho. He’s only come back to recover from a war injury, and while he refuses to admit he’s in a weakened state, he finds comfort in the last person he’d expect.

Kate Evans teaches fourth grade science in Sunshine, the place she’s always called home. Dreaming of graduate school and a happily-ever-after, she’s desperate to break out of the monotony of Sunshine. Luckily, a certain sexy man has just come back into her life.

To Griffin, Kate as always been his little sister’s friend, but now he’s finding her to be so much more. As both attempt to forge their paths, they must decide if their passionate connection can turn into something lasting…

Release date 11/5/13 Berkley Penguin Group

I was lucky enough to be approved for a review copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley. I'm a huge fan of Jill Shalvis and count down until each of her new books comes out. Luckily, we had many new books this year.

I love the Animal Magnetism books so much. As soon as I finished reading Rescue My Heart last year, I was ready for Kate and Griffin's story. Let me just say it was more than worth the wait! In fact, while Ford has stayed my favorite Jill Shalvis hero for a couple of years, I think Griffin just knocked him out of the top spot.

Rumor Has It is one of my favorite books ever by Jill Shalvis. Not only did I get to spend time with many favorite characters from the Animal Magnetism books, I loved watching Kate and Griffin fall for one another. Kate is such a fun and quirky character. She is super smart and has the opportunity to go to grad school, but can only do so if she knows her father can care for their family. She has had a crush on her best friend's brother Griffin since she was in high school and cracked me up every single time she got flustered and told him some random science fact. 

Griffin Reid is only back for his sister's wedding to his best friend and to recover from a war injury. He had no plans to start a relationship in Sunshine, let alone with Kate Evans. However, their attraction keeps pulling them together and neither is able to fight the attraction they feel for one another. Griffin and Kate are one of the cutest and sexiest couples. They had amazing chemistry and really did fit together perfectly. I love how protective each is of the other. Griffin doesn't want to hold Kate back and Kate wants to make sure Griffin is fully recovered from his injury. Kate seemed to know even before Griffin's best friends when he was in pain and how to care for him.

Rumor Has It is another winner from Jill Shalvis, and one of my favorite books by her ever. I'm now on the countdown until my next new book from Jill Shalvis, which I think is in 2014...so far away.

No comments: