Sunday, December 01, 2013

Starting From Scratch


Starting from Scratch is the newest release from author Stacy Gail. The release date is November 21, 2013 and the publisher is Carina Press. From the Carina Press website.~
Christmas is the perfect time to start from scratch
Lieutenant Sully Jax saved his unit during an IED attack, but he couldn't save his marriage. He can't even remember it. Recovered from his injuries, he's come home to the family and friends he knows--and an ex-wife who's a stranger to him.
Lucy Crabtree was heartbroken last Christmas when Sully announced his plan to go on one last tour of duty, and devastated when he asked for a divorce after he awoke in the hospital with no memory of her. She's finally moving on from her hurt and from losing the man she loved more than anything, and her cookie-baking business is taking off just in time for the holidays. But now Sully's back, and she can't deny she still loves him. But how can she trust her heart to someone who breaks it every time she sees him?
Sully might not remember Lucy, but something inside won't let her go. With every bite of her cookies, he finds a new love for Lucy, and he soon realizes he wants to rebuild his life...with her by his side.

I was lucky enough to be approved by the publisher for a review copy from NetGalley. Starting from Scratch was the first book I’d read by Stacy Gill, and it won’t be my last.

Let me just say, you will need a box of tissues when reading this book. Seriously, you have been warned (I was warned in advance as well). Starting from Scratch was a beautiful story that made me feel so many emotions. My heart broke for Lucy as I watched Sully not remember any of their past, yet seem to need to be near her. I seriously was mad at Sully for much of the book, for all that he was putting Lucy through. I understood he had no control over his memory loss, but I connected with Lucy so quickly in this story, I wanted her to find happiness again.

I loved the chemistry between Lucy and Sully from the very beginning. Even with Sully’s memory loss, he couldn’t seem to stay away from her. The sparks flew when they were in the same room and Sully seemed to get more flashbacks of his past each day. I loved Lucy and Sully (or Sullivan as Lucy calls him) as a couple and was routing for them as a couple from the very beginning.

I loved Stacy Gill’s voice in this book. She pulled every single emotion imaginable out of me. Any book that makes me laugh, ugly cry, and cheer is a winner for me. I can’t wait to read more books from Ms. Gill in the future.

No comments: