Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Second Chance at Passion


Audrey Rodriguez has escaped her family's life styles of the rich and famous by moving to the small town of Holiday, Vermont. She settles into her new role as bookstore owner, never expecting to run into her Vegas hook-up. 

Ethan Cartwright has been ordered to take a vacation by his mom, no less. The only people he can imagine spending down time with is his family in Holiday. He discovers that woman he'd had the best sex of his life was living in this storybook town. 

When Ethan's family needs help taking down a gold-digging-sperm-stealing- ? Ethan and Audrey go undercover giving them more a second chance at passion.

Release Date: February 20, 2014 Desert Breeze Publishing

I was lucky enough to get a review copy from the publisher through NetGalley. I'm a really big fan of Heather Lire and love the town she has created in Holiday, Vermont. I've wanted Ethan's story from the moment I first met him. I know it would take a really strong woman to match Ethan, and think Audrey was his perfect match.

I thought the chemistry between Audrey and Ethan was pretty incredible from the very first time they met in the sports bar. I absolutely cracked up that Ethan ate the sandwich with the hottest pepper on earth, while picking Audrey up in the bar. I was a little disappointed that he let her leave at the end of their time in Vegas without trying to get her number, but knew he could find her if he really tried.

Audrey is such a strong woman, even with her hang ups of being in public with her famous family. I swear my favorite part of the book was when she saw Ryan kiss Morgan and she started cussing him out for being a cheater. I loved that she, Morgan and Brynn found friendship so quickly too. I think Ms. Lire showcased how the Sanderson and Cartwright families will help in any way possible to give couples the chance to reconnect. 

Audrey and Ethan worked as a couple for me from the beginning. I loved the passion between them, but the tenderness and support they showed for one another just made me even more sure of their relationship. Ethan had much guilt to work through from his past, and I honestly only believe he was able to do so because of the love he gave and received from Audrey.


I honestly feel like the Holiday, Vermont series just gets better with each book. Ms. Lire hooked me with Ryan and Morgan's book, and I can't wait for the next installment, which is currently set for release in August.

No comments: