Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Dare to Desire

Dare to Desire is the 2nd book in the Dare to Love series from USA Today and New York Times Best Selling author Carly Phillips. The release date was April 10, 2014 and the publisher is CP Publishing. From the back cover.~

Quarterback Alex Dare, had it all -- an all-star football career and his choice of willing women -- until a severe injury forces him into early retirement. Social worker Madison Evans grew up in foster homes and knows what it means to have-not. She isn't impressed by Alex Dare’s wealth or charm. Not since she fell hard for him once before, only to discover she was just one of his too-easy conquests.

This time around Madison refuses to succumb to Alex so easily. But Alex wants Madison. And if there is one thing Alex does well, it’s to get what he wants. Can he convince Madison to take a risk and dare to love?

I’m a huge fan of Carly Phillips and have loved her books since I read The Bachelor. I personally feel like her books just get better and better. Dare to Desire is my new favorite book by Carly.

I loved both Alex and Madison as individuals, and loved them even more as a couple. I felt the chemistry between them when they first met in Riley’s hospital room.  I loved that Madison made Alex work hard at their relationship after he was such a jerk to her after his injury.

I got Madison and her hesitancy to believe Alex was all in after he blew her off so easily when they first dated. I especially understood her based upon her history in foster care taking longer to trust someone, even when she knew she still loved Alex.  Alex realized he had messed up and really did work hard to prove he had changed.

The chemistry between Alex and Madison was off the charts hot. The love scenes between Alex and Madison steamed up my kindle screen. I’ve always felt the emotion in Carly’s love scenes, but the added heat takes the chemistry up a level.

I love the Dare to Love series from Carly Phillips, and Dare to Desire was another winner in this series. I’m already counting down until the release of the next book in the series in July.


No comments: