Wednesday, September 10, 2014

The Best Kind of Trouble

She has complete control…and he's determined to take it away 
A librarian in the small town of Hood River, Natalie Clayton's world is very nearly perfect. After a turbulent childhood and her once-wild ways, life is now under control. But trouble has a way of turning up unexpectedly—especially in the tall, charismatically sexy form of Paddy Hurley…. 
And Paddy is the kind of trouble that Natalie has a taste for. 
Even after years of the rock-and-roll lifestyle, Paddy never forgot the two wickedly hot weeks he once shared with Natalie. Now he wants more…even if it means tempting Natalie and her iron-grip control. But there's a fine line between well-behaved and misbehaved—and the only compromise is between the sheets!

Lauren Dane
Release Date 8/26/14
Harlequin HQN

I'm a pretty big fan of Lauren Dane, yet seem to have so many of her books in my to be read folder on my kindle. After reading The Best Kind of Trouble, I wanted to immediately read any of her books that I'd missed so far.

I'm a big fan of reunion stories, and have to say this one made me laugh so hard in the beginning. Natalie totally acts like she has never laid eyes on Paddy in her life, yet they spent 2 incredible weeks in bed together right before she started college. Paddy chasing after Natalie also made me laugh, as you really never think of a rock star having to work to get a date.

I really loved both Natalie and Paddy as individuals and as a couple. Paddy helps Natalie to loosen up just a bit, but still accepts that she needs to maintain control. Natalie makes Paddy work hard for something...he has never had to work to get women. I loved that he chased Natalie for weeks before she would agree to have dinner with him. The chemistry from before is still strong all these years later. While I loved how steamy they were together, I loved they could be tender with one another as well.

I did want Natalie to not compare her dad and his actions to Paddy and his quite as much. I almost felt like Paddy had a couple of strikes against him because of her dad. I wanted them to work so much and loved when Natalie finally got it about talking things out with Paddy. Not that Paddy was without faults. He acted like a total jerk a few times and I really wanted to smack him on the back of the head and tell him to get his head out of his butt...luckily he had brothers and parents to do it for me.

I really loved the story overall and am looking forward to Ezra's and Vaughn's stories. 


No comments: