Friday, February 06, 2015

Barefoot in Pearls

As her two best friends settle into their happily ever afters, destination wedding designer Arielle Chandler is beginning to wonder if the promise of “The One” – one true love, meant only for her – is merely folklore passed down from her Native American grandmother. But when a mysterious man nearly mows her down on a hill overlooking Barefoot Bay, the legend of destined love suddenly feels very real. That is, until Ari learns of Luke McBain’s plans to demolish a piece of land she believes is sacred. 

Luke isn’t proud of the fact that he spent ten years as a mercenary warrior, fighting battles for another country. With those dark days behind him, he’s focused on creating a new life instead of destroying others, so he’s moved to Barefoot Bay to launch a contracting business and build a house for an old friend. But when an enigmatic dark-eyed beauty steals his attention and stops his progress with her announcement that he is about to flatten a native burial ground, Luke has a new battle to fight. 

While their immediate and potent attraction grows complicated, Luke and Ari discover the hills of Barefoot Bay could be hiding something far different – and even more valuable – than ancient art or graves. They are determined to discover the truth, but that will come at a cost. Will they risk their chance at once-in-a-lifetime love to uncover secrets that could change the landscape of Barefoot Bay forever? 

Barefoot Bay Brides Book 3
Release Date January 23, 2015
South Street Publishing

I'm a huge fan of Roxanne St. Claire and count down each new release. I love her Barefoot Bay books and was so excited she extended her time in Barefoot Bay with the Barefoot Bay Brides series. 

I absolutely loved Barefoot in Pearls. I knew it would take a special man to accept Arielle for who she was and I loved it was Luke McBain. First let me just say I loved that Luke calls her Arielle rather than Ari like everyone else. It made me fall pretty hard for Luke early on. Of course the fact that Ari knew Luke was "The One" when they first ran into one another was pretty romantic as well.

I love the twist and turns put in place to make Luke and Ari realize how much they loved one another. From the land she wants to preserve and he wants to demolish to his history from the French Foreign Legion. I loved that pragmatic Luke felt all that Ari was feeling yet didn't want to really voice those feelings the way she did.

I honestly didn't know what to expect from Luke when it came to dealing with the land issues. He wanted to stay in Florida so much, yet I felt his character would never do anything underhanded just to get the outcome he wanted. I think the more Luke supported Ari, the more I came to love him.

Barefoot in Pearls was an absolutely perfect read for me. I loved the romance and the suspense elements added to this story. I especially loved the set up for the next series of books from Roxanne St. Claire. I started with her romantic suspense books with the Bullet Catchers and can't wait to read the next adventure to take place in Barefoot Bay.



No comments: