Thursday, May 07, 2015

CLIPPED BY LOVE REVIEW

Things are heating up for the Sinclair boys! With one already in the NHL, Jayden Sinclair is hoping to be next! 

This has been the toughest year of my life. I watched my brother go into the draft without me, my mom got divorced, and the weight of my family’s issues is heavy on my shoulders. I feel like it’s my job to fix everything while working my butt off in school and trying to make my game better. I have to go into the draft. It will give my family the support they need, and it will prove that I’m good enough. But to get there, I have to show I can be the best captain for the Bellevue Bullies. The spot is mine—no one can take it. First though, Jude is making me go on a brother’s weekend. Innocent enough, I guess…until I see her. She’s the biggest competitor I’ve ever faced. Not only for my spot but also my heart. It’s hard to ignore someone like Baylor Moore. 

I don’t lose. I can’t. My dad has bred me to be the best in anything I do. I am driven, I am smart, and I am going to be the first woman in the National Hockey League. No two ways about it. I’ve worked too hard. I’ve been through too much not to have what I want. I know I can do it. I will make my dad proud, and no one will stand in the way of that. That is, until I let him in. He scares me. He makes me feel. And he could very well be the one person who can make me want more than just to win. 

We both have the same goal. Victory. But how do you compete against the person you want to win? It’s not easy. Love isn’t something you can control. It isn’t like a puck that can be handled by a stick. No, it has a mind of its own and does what it wants. 

Neither of us saw it coming, and we really don’t know if there is a way to score, especially when you’re being Clipped by Love.

Release Date: April 27, 2015
Bellevue Bullies #2


Baylor Moore is now one of my most favorite characters Toni Aleo has ever written. She hasn't taken top spot from Elli or Shea, but is really close. She is one of the most kick-ass characters I've ever read. First of all she is training to play hockey in the NHL. She is also smart and beautiful and truly is the whole package. She has been burned from guys in the past using her to get help from her dad, who not only played hockey in the NHL, but won the Cup and is now a college hockey coach. Baylor and her dad are super close since her mom walked out on them when Baylor was born. I loved the relationship Baylor had with her dad, as it reminded me of how close I've always been to my own dad.

Baylor is all about hockey all the time, so of course when get has a girls weekend away, she and her friends would run into 3 hockey players to hang out with at the beach. I've always loved how sensitive Jayden is to his family and those around him. Jayden and Baylor had super hot chemistry from the moment they met. I absolutely loved that they were playing street hockey and were fighting to win like they were trying the win the championship. I knew both Jayden and Baylor had finally met their match for one another and couldn't wait for them to be together. I have to say that Jayden has always been more sensitive to doing the right thing than either of his brothers, even when it bites him in the butt. I loved his protective instincts went into over drive when Baylor got drunk at the party, even when she was so pissed that she punched him in the face. Like I say Baylor is totally kick-ass.

When Baylor's dad takes a position as head hockey coach at Bellevue, I couldn't wait for the fireworks to start between Baylor and Jayden. We didn't really have to wait long either. I loved their relationship, yet hated that Baylor made Jayden hide the fact they were together from her dad and their other teammates. I understood her reasoning, but really wanted them to be out in the open way sooner. Baylor and Jayden had some of the hottest moments and sweetest moments of all the characters in Toni Aleo's books. I honestly could gush about this couple for days.

I loved that both Baylor and Jayden were always looking out for one another on and off the rink. Jayden has such a natural protective instinct, it didn't really surprise me he would always look out for Baylor, but I loved that Baylor had that side of her that only really came out with those people she truly loved. I also have to say I loved how accepting the guys on the team were of Baylor overall. I would guess it isn't normal for a woman to play on a men's hockey team and even less normal for that same woman to be able to out-score most of the men. With the exception of one teammate, I loved the overall feel of the team. I knew this one player would be an issue and sadly he proved himself to be the biggest ass in the book. 

I loved that we got to see some of my favorite characters from the Assassins series as well as lots of time with Jayden's brothers and mom. I also loved we got to spend time with Elli and Shea Adler. I love them both so hard and my absolute favorite part of the books was Elli going toe to toe with her uncle. 

Clipped by Love is another winner from Toni Aleo. I felt pretty much every emotion possible while reading and wanted to go back and re-read it as soon as I finished reading it the first time. I'm loving watching the Sinclair brothers fall in love and can't wait to see Jace finally meet his match.



No comments: