Tuesday, February 16, 2016

FADE INTO YOU (SHAKEN DIRTY #3)

A sexy category romance from Entangled's Brazen imprint...

She’s one addiction he can’t resist.

Wyatt Jennings has been called a lot of things by the media. Bad-boy rocker. Intense drummer. Addict.

Finally out of rehab and desperate for a fresh start, Wyatt rejoins his mega-platinum rock band Shaken Dirty as they prepare for their world tour. But Wyatt’s demons are never far behind, always nipping at his heels for one. More. Fix.

Enter Poppy Germaine, the band’s new social media consultant. A beautiful bombshell who somehow manages to get underneath Wyatt’s skin, Poppy’s an addiction Wyatt can get behind. And even though she’s with the label—and therefore off-limits—he craves her. Needs her.

Except Poppy isn’t actually a social media consultant. She’s the daughter of the label’s CEO, sent undercover to babysit Wyatt and keep him from falling off the wagon again. Proving herself to her father is Poppy’s only goal—until she finds herself in Wyatt’s bed. But if Wyatt discovers the truth, it could send him spiraling all over again…

Release date: February 15, 2016
A Shaken Dirty Novel book 3
Entangled: Brazen
Review copy provided by the publisher

Nikki’s Review:

I can not begin to tell you how ecstatic I was to get an ARC of this book! Two years is a long time to wait to for the next book in a series that you've fallen in love with. Don't get me wrong, I understand that stuff happens and book release dates get pushed back for all sorts of reasons. But the waiting is never easy...at least, not for me. So, my book girl heart was so full when this beauty landed on my iPad!

I met Wyatt in book 1. I immediately wanted to wrap him up in cotton and make him better. I could tell his demons ran deep and he was drowning. Despite his addictions, he's this great guy. You can't help but like him. So, while reading books 1 and 2, I fell in love with him, more and more. I knew he was a tortured soul, which made waiting for his book, that much more difficult. I needed to see him be genuinely happy. I was invested in this character. 

What I loved about this book was the raw truth in it. Wyatt comes out of rehab, yet again, and he isn't magically cured. He's beaten down and you get a real sense of his desperation and his addiction to heroine riding him hard. He's done the detox and counseling. But now the hard stuff starts...life. And living that life without the numbing effects of drugs and alcohol. The "feels" in this book took my breath away. I went through so many emotions in the hours that I spent with Poppy and Wyatt. Sometimes, it almost felt intrusive to watch their journey. It was so intensely private. The struggle was incredible!

Poppy brings Wyatt to his knees. She's a strong woman who wants to be there for him and lift some of the burdens from him. Their relationship starts off hot and heavy...lawd, Wyatt is enough to melt any woman into a messy puddle! But there's some deception on Poppy's part. And you can see that there's going to be a huge hurtle to jump when it all comes to ahead. 

These two characters are magnificent together! Though, I worried at times that, Wyatt was trading his addiction to heroine with an addiction or intense need for Poppy. But, I suppose if you have to be dependant on something, loving someone isn't the worst thing! 

This book is about redemption. It's about a man learning to forgive himself for something that was never his fault to begin with. It's about strength, and digging deep, so deep that you aren't sure you'll find it, but it's there. And then drawing on that strength to get through the next moment, minute, hour, day, and week. I was wrecked by Wyatt's journey. I was torn apart by his struggle to be the man he wants to be. But witnessing the loyalty of his bandmates, his best friends, I was built back up again. Poppy is a pillar of steadiness and while, Wyatt has to do the work himself to get better, she's his flashlight in the darkest moments.

While waiting for this book to come out drove me batty, Tracy Wolff took the time needed to give Wyatt his story. She did this character justice, and he deserved no less than this perfect telling. I loved visiting with all the band members. Though, the overall tone of the book was somber and sometimes difficult to read, there was still some much needed humour among friends. The laughs were placed just right. When I thought Wyatt's pain was most palpable, I'd read a scene that would bring me out of a funk. It was perfect. And the steamy stuff? Hot damn! Tracy Wolff writes good and sweaty sex! Who knew adventures in an alley, behind a club could be so drool worthy!

I suggest starting with book 1, Crash into Me, so you get a full understanding of Wyatt's addictions. You need to see his fall to rock bottom, before you can totally appreciate his journey back from hell. Not to mention, you should totally read Ryder and Quinn's books, because they are pretty freakin' delicious! My only hope is that book 4 doesn't take as long to come out. 



No comments: