Friday, February 26, 2016

RECKLESS HEAT (HOSTILE OPERATIONS TEAM #0.5)

He’s my best friend.
He’s everything I ever wanted.
And he doesn’t know how I feel.
I have three weeks left to tell him before he leaves this place forever…

There’s only one way I know how to do that.
I have to give him what I’ve never given anyone.
I’m going to ask him to be my first…

Matt Girard is the guy every girl wants. Rich, handsome, and popular, his future is brighter than the sun. Evie Baker comes from the wrong side of town. She loves Matt desperately, but he only sees her as his tomboy best friend instead of the young woman she’s blossomed into.

Until one fateful night when a reckless dare changes everything…

This is the prequel story to Hot Pursuit, Book 1 in the Hostile Operations Team Series.

iBooks released February 16, 2016
General release February 23, 2016
H.O.T. Publishing, LLC
Hostile Operations Team #0.5
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:


I guess since Matt and Evie were the first couple in the Hostile Operations Team series, they have an extra special place in my heart. I love a friends to lovers story and when you add in a reunion story, you have me from page one.

Reckless Heat is Matt and Evie's story from the last few weeks they spend together before he heads off to West Point. I love that Evie and Matt where best friends from the time they were pretty young. I also absolutely loved that Evie had a crush on Matt and although he did know it, he really didn't want to do anything to possibly mess up their friendship. However, what teenage boy is going to turn down a teenage girl, even when it's his very best friend in the world?

Honestly I though Matt was super sweet with Evie and I knew he didn't want to hurt her, but being a teenage guy, he just messed up once the deed was actually done. Of course Evie totally looked like she had been in the backseat with Matt and he was a total tool to brag to all his friends. Reckless Heat made me think of a high school keg party on the weekend and watching your best friend's drama play out before everyone. My heart broke for both Evie and Matt since neither really knew how to fix the situation.

Reckless Heat was a super fast read for me. I loved the story came from alternating points of view and it is in first person point of view for those readers who aren't huge fans of first person point of view. I have no trouble with it and though it especially worked well with this story. I felt like I got new insight into Matt and Evie's relationship by seeing them together when they were teenagers.

BUY LINKS:


And if you haven't yet read HOT PURSUIT, you can read it for FREE:

Google Play: http://bit.ly/1rOUBId

No comments: