Wednesday, March 16, 2016

THE CONFESSIONS: AN ORIGINAL SINNERS COLLECTION

Three Sinners. Three confessions. And all the dirty little secrets you could possibly desire... 

Father Stuart Ballard has been Marcus Stearns’ confessor since the young Jesuit was only eighteen years old. He thought he’d heard every sin the boy had to confess until Marcus uttered those three fateful words: “I met Eleanor.”

So begins the 40-page “The Confession of Marcus Stearns,” a moving coda to the RITA® Award-winning Original Sinners series. Originally published as a limited-edition paperback for the 2014 RT Booklovers' Convention, and available worldwide for the first time.

This collection also includes “The Confession of Eleanor Schreiber,” a companion 36-page story written exclusively for The Confessions.

And, finally, all secrets are revealed in “The Confession of Tiffany Reisz,” an exclusive, in-depth interview.

Release Date: March 15, 2016
8th Circle Press
Original Sinners Series
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

The Confessions is seriously a gift for those fans of the Original Sinners series. In my opinion, The Confessions is not a book for anyone who hasn't read all 8 books in the Original Sinners series, as readers unfamiliar with the series won't understand everything that is being discussed.

I absolutely adored "The Confession of Marcus Stearns", The Confession of Eleanor Schreiber", and "The Confession of Tiffany Reisz." I wasn't lucky enough to be at RT in 2014, but was lucky enough to have a friend who was there and let me read her copy of "The Confession of Marcus Stearns" after swearing in blood I'd give it back. I had all the same feels reading it for the second time. Without giving any spoilers away, I can say fans of the series will love reading all 3 confessions and if anything like me, will only fall in love with the characters more than before. In fact my girl-crush on Eleanor/Nora is stronger than it was before and these short stories only made me miss my favorite character even more. I also now have a special place in my heart for Father Stuart Ballard, as he is the man to listen to both Søren and Eleanor's confessions. I really wanted to give him a hug several times during their confessions.

Fans of the Original Sinners series will be so excited to read The Confessions. There is insight into the characters and how the series came to be.  I have to say after reading certain parts of the interview/confession with Tiffany, I found validation in how I saw some scenes in my head as I was reading certain passages in the series, especially one with Grace and Søren. I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but The Confessions is not a story to pick up without reading the other books in the series first unless the reader wants to feel pretty lost in what is discussed in the confessions.

Buy Links:



Google  •  iBooks




Trade paperback available exclusively via Amazon for the first 6-8 weeks of release. After this time, it will be available through other retailers, including Book Depository (which ships worldwide!). Not available in audio at this time.

No comments: