Monday, April 18, 2016

HIS TO KEEP (BEAUTY AND THE BRIT #3)

Iain wasn't just rough around the edges-he was uncivilized, despite all the elegant trappings and expensive suits. And Brynn wanted more of it. She wanted Iain in full-on barbarian mode.
She wanted to be taken.

Filthy rich British bad boy Iain Chapman made a name for himself as a ruthless businessman, but if he can secure an investment from Vegas powerhouse Trevor Blake, Iain could take his business to the next level. Solution? Hire beautifully timid corporate trainer-and Trevor's sister-in-law-Brynn Campbell and seduce his way to success.

Brynn's everything Iain is not: kind, delicate, decent. But she's also got a taste for something a little beastly, and it doesn't take long for Iain to break through her every inhibition. Brynn was supposed to be his pawn, but as Iain gets closer to his goal, he begins to realize he's not ready to let her go, not now, not ever-even if it costs him everything.

Release Date: March 1, 2016
Sourcebooks Casablanca
Beauty and the Brit #3
Review copy provided by publisher

Nikki’s Review:

The trope in this book is one that I usually love; ruthless business man who happens to be filthy rich, and the woman who can bring him to his knees. I was hoping to find something unique about this book, something to make it stand out amongst the many others. Alas, it didn't work out.

Iain is an arrogant SOB. He goes after what he wants and tramples anyone who stands in his way. I had a hard time liking him through most of this book. He's definitely unforgettable, but not in a great way. Brynn is everything that, Iain isn't. She's meek, shy, and a complete pushover. Iain steam rolled her every chance he could get. I wanted to shake the woman and tell her it's ok to say no and stick to her guns. At every turn, she gives into whatever Iain wants. That drove me batty!

There was some ok chemistry between them, but I couldn't connect with them as a couple. I actually didn't really like them as individuals either. He was a pushy brute and she was a doormat. 

All in all, this book was really predictable. Iain's intentions are to use Brynn as a pawn in some business venture, something that'll benefit him of course. But that pesky thing called a heart takes over and mucks up the whole damn plan. I can't say that I hated this book. I managed to get through it, but I certainly didn't love it and it's unlikely that I'd visit Iain and Brynn again. Remember folks, books are subjective. This one wasn't for me but it's someone's cup of tea!



No comments: