Friday, May 06, 2016

DARE TO TAKE (DARE TO LOVE #6)

Release Date: May 3, 2016
Dare to Love #6
CP Publishing
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

She was off limits, 
But he couldn't resist. 

There are just some guys you don't touch--even someone as innocent and inexperienced as Ella Shaw knows that. But when her brother's best friend is up for grabs and willing, she can't resist. After all, she's wanted him for years... 

On leave from the army, Tyler Dare is just looking for a little fun, but his best friend's sister is off limits. Yet unable to deny how sexy and alluring she is, he finds it all too easy to succumb to a night of passion and heat that ends the next morning in the worst way possible. 

Now, Ella is stranded on a tropical island with a hurricane bearing down, and only Tyler can save her. It's his chance to make amends for the past and show the woman he's never forgotten that he's coming after her . . . in more ways than one.



Nikki and I both couldn’t wait to read the newest book in the Dare to Love series from Carly Phillips.

Liza’s Review:


I loved there was a history between Tyler and Ella. While they have been friends since they were kids, the one night Ella and Tyler spend together when she is 18 changes everything. Where there was friendship before, there is now distance, yet Tyler has no issues going to get Ella when she is stuck in St. Lucia during a hurricane after she is mugged. Yes his sister Avery asks him to go, and Tyler wasted no time rearranging his schedule to be there for Ella. Tyler has the same protective instincts as his brothers, and his have kicked into overdrive when it comes to Ella.

I loved the attraction between Tyler and Ella was so strong. Seriously loved them as a couple from their very first kiss. I also love the Ms. Phillips didn't push their past under the rug, but had them each remember that night together and have them talk about it to move forward in their relationship. Ella being concerned how Avery would react to them, as a possible couple was so perfect as well. Ella and Avery have such a special friendship, that I knew if Ella was happy with Tyler, then Avery would be happy for her, but based upon how Ella's family had always treated her, I understood her fears of possibly losing her best friend. 

I loved Tyler and Ella as a couple and especially loved how they got each other on every level. I think because they both had kind of been abandoned by their fathers, they each had trust issues, though Ella's were way bigger than Tyler's. I have to say, I loved that both Tyler and Ella both had the chance to confront their fathers in Dare to Take and both times had me crying just a bit, although with Tyler's dad they were tears of anger. I swear I find myself hating Robert Dare more with each book. 

I loved the fact we got to spend time with so many of the Dare siblings and their spouses in Dare to Take. I love getting to visit with some of my favorite characters while watching my new favorite couple fall in love. I'm sad to see the Dare to Love series come to an end for now. While I'm glad we now have all the legitimate Dare siblings' stories, I also can't wait to get the final half-sibling stories in the future.

Dare to Take pulled every single emotion from me as I read it. I love a story that has me feeling so many emotions, and Ms. Phillips did it with Dare to Take. While I'm a purest and read books in the order they are released, I think a reader could pick up Dare to Take and really love Tyler and Ella's story as a stand-alone read.

Nikk’s Review:
This series has been a journey. I've been privileged to be a spectator in seeing the Dare family rise from the ruins that is their father, and find their way in the world. Each book is an opportunity to fall a little more in love with all of them. Carly Phillips can make storytelling seem effortless. Though, the many hours of blood, sweat, and tears that goes into pulling all this together is incredible! Dare to Take is another layer to this incredibly talented authors writing!

Ella Shaw and Tyler Dare have history, and if you have read any of my reviews, you know that I love books where the characters have a past! This past encounter left them both with unresolved feelings. Fast forward several years later and we have the makings of a combustible reunion! 

Tyler insinuates himself into Ella's life when she's mugged and injured. This proves to be a huge problem for Ella, you know, being in love with him for all these years and such. Tyler never forgot their one night together and he has regrets that he wants to make right. And lawd, does he make them right...with his hands, his mouth, his umm, other parts! 

Ms. Phillips makes you care about these characters, she makes you love this family. And man, she makes you loathe the patriarch of the family, Robert Dare. She wrote such a perfect gentleman of a douche bag. Sure the father is all sophisticated and filthy rich, but he's a selfish prick under the nice suits. At times throughout the series, you get glimpses into Robert’s conscience, you think maybe he's going to try and be a better father, and then he pulls another stunt!

Both Ella and Tyler have issues with trust and commitment. They've been let down by important people in their lives and it has shaped how they treat and view relationships. There are so many facets to this couple. They were friends, barely tolerated acquaintances at get togethers, and now lovers. It was interesting to see them weave all these things into something that was beautiful. These two grew up a lot in this book. They learned to understand themselves so much better. There was a lot of self-reflecting going on, and perhaps, we could learn from this. Taking a step back and figuring out who we are and what we want in life is a good thing.

Of course you get plenty of page time with other key players in the Dare family. I love me some, Ian! He's had to fill the role of father for his siblings, and his ability to move past the anger his father incites is inspiring. I would recommend starting this series from the beginning. I know that may seem daunting, but trust me, it's worth the time and money. Each book builds on the family, and you wouldn't want to miss all the little nuisances that make them who they are. So, do yourself a favour and pick up this series! 

Buy Links:

Kindle - http://smarturl.it/DTTakeKindle
Universal Link (All Foreign Amazon Links):
myBook.to/DTTakeAmazon
Nook - http://smarturl.it/DTTakeNook
Kobo - http://smarturl.it/DTTakeKobo
GooglePlay - http://smarturl.it/DTTakeGooglePlay
PRINT COMING ANY TIME NOW!
AUDIO
Audible - http://smarturl.it/TakeAudible
Amazon Audio - http://smarturl.it/TakeAudioAmazon
iTunes Audio - http://smarturl.it/TakeAudioiTunes - coming soon


No comments: