Monday, May 02, 2016

RETURN OF THE BAD BOY (SECOND CHANCE #4)

Return of the Bad Boy
Second Chance series #4
Release Date: April 26, 2016
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher
Forever Hachette Book Group

He's a mess...

Asher Knight has three constants in his life: music, beautiful women, and a bottle of Jack. He lives for the next gig, the next city, and dreams only of a life spent in front of an arena full of screaming fans. But Asher's nomad ways come to a sudden stop when he learns he's the father of a three-year-old from a past relationship and suddenly this rock star bad boy is forced to put down roots.

Only she can clean up

Gloria Shields is no one's fool. Sure, the sexual chemistry between her and Asher has always been intense, but she'd never risk giving her heart to a man who has a perfect record for breaking them. Except the man desperate to make things right with his newfound son is nothing like the rock god she's guarded her heart against for years. And it isn't long before she starts to wonder if life with this bad boy might be the best thing that's ever happened to her.

Nikki’s Review:

I'm not gonna beat around the bush here...I love this series! From the first page in book #1, I've been utterly captivated! I almost had to take a step back when I opened this book. I wanted to read it desperately, but I wanted to make it last at the same time. Crazy? Perhaps!

I fell in love with Asher Knight from the very moment he walked onto the page in the first book. He's a rockstar, and Lawd, I have a weakness for those! He was hot, sweet, cocky, and swoon worthy. But I wanted to smack him sometimes too! He's bloody arrogant and had a whole lot of growing up to do. With each book in the series, you get to witness his growth and maturing. It was a journey to be sure. I felt the burning between Asher and Gloria from the beginning. And by time we finally have their book...holy hell! Smouldering and delicious are accurate descriptions of when they come together. Asher and Gloria are passionate...in bed and out. I was absolutely amused by their bickering. Asher loves to get her all riled up. This usually leads to some yummy sheet yoga! 

Gloria is strong and independent. These two things are almost a detriment to her. Don't get me wrong, they are fantastic qualities. Gloria clutches to them like a security blanket. She was let down in the worst way as a child. She didn't have anyone in her corner. So, in her adulthood, she's learned that she can only depend on herself. Asher wants to be her soft place to land. He has to work hard to prove to her that he can be that. It was hard to watch these two wade through the murky waters and find their footing. In the past, I thought Asher needed a good shake, but now I struggled with wanting to throttle Gloria. Ash has stepped up to be a good man and be an involved father to a child that he only recently found out about. He's pretty much sliced open his heart for Gloria, but she was so wishy washy...and scared. It was because of her fear and heartbreak that I softened towards her. I wanted her to find the love and security that she wanted and needed. I was in her corner. 

There's some great and delicious heat throughout the series. But this book? This book definitely had a spicer feel to it. And sweet baby Jesus...I loved it! Asher has a wicked tongue, with his sweet nothings, and well...with uh, other stuff too! The love scenes were explosive! I expected nothing less. These two characters have personality in spades, so of course it bleeds over to the bedroom.

This book was a journey. Watching these two grow so much from book #1 to book #4, was incredible. I didn't like Gloria much at the beginning. She was too much of a ball buster, and Asher was a bit of a teenager at times. But I was wrong. They just needed time and certain circumstances before they could be who they were meant to be. Ms. Lemmon blew me the hell away with this one. Dare I say, this is the best in the series?! Well, in my opinion it is. All the books in the Second Chance series are out of this world, but Return of the Bad Boy just grabbed at my heart and wouldn't let go. 


You get to visit with the gang from past books. I love seeing where everyone is after their HEA. I have fallen hard for everyone. I'm invested in their stories. Visiting the Cove again was like coming home. I recommend starting at the beginning of the series for the best enjoyment. That's my not so subtle way of saying that you should buy the whole freakin' series and fall in love with this small town and the people in it!


No comments: