Monday, June 27, 2016

DIRTY SEXY CUFFED (DIRTY SEXY #3)

ARE YOU READY TO GET CUFFED?

As a cop, Levi Kincaid is all about discipline and control . . .in the bedroom, and out of it, and he's always been very careful about choosing women who abide by his rules. Hot sex and intense pleasure? No problem. Emotional commitment and forever promises? No way. But he never anticipates falling for a blue eyed angel who makes him want to cuff her to his bed and do dirty, sexy things to her. And that control of his? It doesn't stand a chance against Sarah Robins, the one woman he can't resist . . .




Release Date: June 21, 2016
CP Publishing
Dirty Sexy #3
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

The Dirty Sexy series is one of my most favorite series I've ever read. I've fall in love with each and every one of the Kincaid brothers as I've read each story. I knew from reading Dirty Sexy Saint and Dirty Sexy Inked the Kincaid brothers had all had a rough childhood, but until we got Levi's story, I had no idea how rough it was for him.

Levi is the youngest of the 3 siblings, so he was left with their prostitute, drug-addict mother during the day while Clay and Mason were in school. If that woman wasn't already dead, I would want to beat the crap out of her for the hell she put her 5 year-old son through. Levi brought me to tears as he shared with Sarah about his childhood. Sarah and Levi connected on so many levels, and one of them was bad childhoods. Sadly Sarah lost her entire family in a fire when she was only 8 years old. Readings Sarah's story again brought tears to my eyes, but for a different reason. I too lost my mom in a house fire, but I was 12 years old at the time. You really never get over that kind of loss, and Sarah continued to feel the loss of her family all those years later. I felt like Ms. Phillips and Ms. Wilde did an amazing job handling the trauma of both characters.

I absolutely loved that Levi pursued Sarah relentlessly. I knew she had to be super special, as in the past 2 books, we'd never seen Levi with another woman. Levi had a greater need than either of his brothers for control thanks to his childhood. I wondered if Sarah would be okay with giving up control following her ex-boyfriend trying to keep her within his cult. I loved that Levi and Sarah totally seemed to get each other from their very first date. Levi moved pretty slowly with Sarah feeling her out with his need for control. I almost felt like she blossomed under Levi's control. They had some of the hottest sex scenes in the series to date, and I absolutely loved how much they each wanted to take care of the other. I also loved that Levi felt safe giving up some of his control to Sarah and she was the first woman he ever had that experience with in his life.

I absolutely loved watching Levi and Sarah fall for one another. They worked as a couple from the very beginning. I loved how well they got one another and really loved that Sarah finally had a family again with Levi and his siblings. I also loved that Sarah had girlfriends again with Samantha and Katrina. Ms. Phillips and Ms. Wilde gave their readers a super sexy, sweet and emotional story that hit on every one of my emotions perfectly. The Dirty Sexy series is such a wonderful series and I'm so glad to see we will get another book in this series in the future.

Rating: 5 Stars (A)

Nikki’s Review:

This series just keeps getting better and better! I adored the first book. Clay was oh so delicious. I fell head over heels for Mason in book two. But this book just rocked in so many ways!

Levi Kincaid exercises control in every aspect of his life. He doesn't drink or even take prescription painkillers. Letting anything cloud his mind or decisions isn't an option. Having grown up with a drug addicted mother and neglect beyond comprehension; he'll never feel like that lost and scared child again. I've been curious about, Levi from the start. He's quiet and unassuming. I could sense his quiet strength. It was always simmering right below the surface. Each book revealed a bit more. The doors were blown wide open in this book! I loved watching, Levi's layers being peeled back. I loved watching him succumb to love.

Sarah Robins has had a rough go in life. She drifted in and out of foster homes until she aged out of the system. She's struggling to find her way and be happy. When she meets, Levi, he throws her world off of its axis. She isn't looking for love and commitment...neither is he. Funny thing though, the heart doesn't give a damn. I think these two were both shocked at the intense feelings that developed so quickly. Puzzle pieces. That's how I describe them. Nothing and no one "fit" them until they found each other. I loved how they could relate so deeply to each other's pasts and all the trauma from their childhoods. There wasn't any crap between them; there weren't any secrets. Their hearts wouldn't let them hold onto their pain anymore.

I truly think that, Levi and Sarah are kindred spirits; star crossed lovers. The entire relationship was so organic and beautiful. Sure they had obstacles, what relationship doesn't? 

Lawd! Levi is sinfully filthy! I can hear his low growly voice in my head. Forget whispering sweet nothings. This man is full dirty sexy nothings! Erika Wilde and Carly Phillips really got my pulse racing with all the sexual tension. And holy hell, when these two get all twisted up in the sheets it's freakin' glorious! 

Getting to see, Levi throw his carefully constructed discipline out the window for the one woman who makes him want more than a bang against the wall, is both thrilling and heart warming. I said this was my favourite book in the series. I think the reason I feel that way, is because we get to witness true vulnerability in the characters. I could go on and on about this entire series. But seriously, just read it...from the start. If you love a book with great characters who support each other, solid writing, and seductively wicked love scenes, then Ms. Wilde and Ms. Phillips have you covered!


Rating: 5 Stars (A)


No comments: