Thursday, January 12, 2017

THE SUMMER WEDDING (MARRIED IN MALIBU #2)

THE SUMMER WEDDING is the second book in the fun and romantic “Married in Malibu” series — a spin-off of Lucy Kevin’s New York Times bestselling “Four Weddings and a Fiasco” series. 

Jenn Fairhurst wants her Married in Malibu wedding cakes to be legendary. Her job baking sweet treats at the Southern California wedding venue means everything to her―even if she’s not sure that she’ll ever be able to love, or trust a man, again after going through a terrible divorce. 

Daniel Brooker is an award-winning photojournalist who gave up his globetrotting career to become a wedding photographer after his wife passed away, leaving him as the sole parent to his son and daughter. After such a tragic loss, he never thought he’d be able to love again. Until he met Jenn. 

Soon, Daniel is falling head over heels for Jenn and wants to show her what true love really is. But right when it looks like she might finally be ready to give love another try, her past comes back to haunt her. Will she be able to risk her heart again? 

Release Date: January 11, 2017
Oak Press, LLC
Married in Malibu #2
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

The Summer Wedding is the latest release from Lucy Kevin, which is a "sweet" pen-name for Bella Andre. While I've read pretty much every book Bella Andre has written under her name, The Summer Wedding is my first book from Lucy Kevin.

The Summer Wedding was a super sweet romance about second chances. I'm a huge fan of second chance romances and have to say that seeing Jenn and Daniel get a second chance at love gave me all the feels. Daniel is a single dad following the death of his wife, and Jenn's ex-husband cheated on her so she is single again. I'm usually more of a fan of a hotter romance, but I absolutely fell in love with Daniel and Jenn slowly moving towards being a couple. I loved that Daniel's kids were a big part of their courtship and loved they fell for Jenn every bit as much as their father did. 

I found myself pulled into The Summer Wedding and ended up reading it in almost one sitting. I love when I get so pulling into a story, I don't want to put the book down. Daniel and Jenn's story was just that story for me. I highly recommend this book to anyone romance reader who loves a strong, sweet, and emotional story. While The Summer Wedding was the first Lucy Kevin book I read, it definitely won't be my last.

Rating: 4 Stars (B+)

Buy Links:

Barnes & Noble Nook ~ http://lucykevin.com/TSW_Nook

No comments: