Friday, February 10, 2017

ELEVENTH GRAVE IN MOONLIGHT

A typical day in the life of Charley Davidson involves cheating husbands, missing people, errant wives, philandering business owners, and oh yeah...demons, hell hounds, evil gods, and dead people. Lots and lots of dead people. As a part time Private Investigator and full-time Grim Reaper, Charley has to balance the good, the bad, the undead, and those who want her dead. In this eleventh installment, Charley is learning to make peace with the fact that she is a goddess with all kinds of power and that her own daughter has been born to save the world from total destruction. But the forces of hell are determined to see Charley banished forever to the darkest corners of another dimension. With the son of Satan himself as her husband and world-rocking lover, maybe Charley can find a way to have her happily ever after after all.

Release Date: January 24, 2017
St. Martin’s Press
Charley Davidson #11
Urban Fantasy
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

The Charley Davidson series is one of my favorite must-read/must-listen to series available. I not only have to read the books as soon as they are released, but I have to listen to the audiobook as well. I honestly hear Lorelei King's voice in my head as I read the book, and don't feel as if my reading experience is complete until I've read and listened to the books.

I enjoyed Eleventh Grave in Moonlight. It seemed to start off slower than past books, but once it got going, it was pretty much non-stop action. We get to spend time with Charley, Reyes, and their entire crew. The humor is present as always and the sexy times with Reyes and Charley are as hot as ever.  I really liked that while there were a few new issues to come to light, we also got answers for what was going on with Ubie. We also discovered new rules that Charley has to live by as a God, and learned why so many angels were following Charley and Reyes. 

The case Charley works on is more personal than normal since it deals with the people who kidnapped Reyes. I wasn't sure where we were headed with The Diviners cult, but actually liked the part of the story way more than I anticipated. I usually want the focus to be so much on Charley, Reyes, and crew. I don't always love the PI portion of the story. I think because there was such a connection to Reyes and even BEP with this part of the story, I found myself pulled in so much more.

I will say the cliffhanger type ending is not my favorite type of ending. However, it definitely isn't the first time Ms. Jones has done this, so it didn't really shock me when it happened. The ending of Eleventh Grave in Moonlight has me eagerly awaiting The Trouble with Twelfth Grave's release in October. 

Rating: 4 Stars (B)




No comments: