Monday, May 01, 2017

SNARED (ELEMENTAL ASSASSIN #16)

If you don’t know Gin “the Spider” Blanco, you don’t know dangerous female heroines.

Irony 101—The Spider herself snared in someone else’s web…



Another week, another few clues trickling in about the Circle, the mysterious group that supposedly runs the city’s underworld. Gathering intel on my hidden enemies is a painstaking process, but a more immediate mystery has popped up on my radar: a missing girl.

My search for the girl begins on the mean streets of Ashland, but with all the killers and crooks in this city, I’m not holding out much hope that she’s still alive.



A series of clues leads me down an increasingly dark, dangerous path, and I realize that the missing girl is really just the first thread in this web of evil. As an assassin, I’m used to facing down the worst of the worst, but nothing prepares me for this new, terrifying enemy—one who strikes from the shadows and is determined to make me the next victim. 

Release Date: April 25, 2017
Elemental Assassin #16
Urban Fantasy
Pocket Books
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza’s Review:

I've been a fan of the Elemental Assassin series from the very first book. Honestly it is one of those series I generally read and listen to the audiobook later because I love the series so much. I'm really enjoying the mystery of the members of The Circle and the leader of The Circle. 

Snared was a good addition to the Elemental Assassin series. I will say I wish we had a bit more focus on discovering more of the members and the leader of The Circle, rather than suddenly having a serial killer in Ashland. I'll just say, I find it hard to believe Gin, especially with Silvio as her assistant, had no idea there was a potential serial killer in Ashland. Yes she had been busy, but she is normally better about keeping up with everything in Ashland. I did enjoy the Dollmaker storyline, especially as we learned the motive behind the killer's mindset. 

I did want more from the Circle, especially as Gin was going after Damien Rivera as the weakest link of the members. I have to say I'm totally and completely intrigued by the vampire Tucker and the fact that while a member of the Circle, he seems to keep saving Gin. I do think he has probably done so for the last time without having issues with the leader of the Circle.

I had a couple of other issues with Snared, but honestly they are issues that have popped up before in books, so it isn't something that will keep me from reading and enjoying each book. Gin has an innate sense to go with her gut instinct and yet there were several times in Snared she ignored her gut and there were issues because of it. I get because of childhood trauma she could have blocked out memories about people from her past. However, it seems like her dreams that give her back those memories always pop up after she has met the person from her past without recognition. I get it a time or two, but it seems to be a running issue for Gin. She is such a smart and kick-ass character, I find it hard to believe her memory could be that bad. 

I will say even with the issues I mentioned, it didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of Snared nor would it ever keep me from continuing to read the series. I love seeing Gin continue to work to clean up Ashland and work with her friends to solve each problem as it happens. Honestly, Snared made me even more excited about Gin's future battle with the members of the Circle. 


Rating: 4 Stars (B) 

Buy Links:

No comments: