Friday, December 08, 2017

LOVE ON THE TRACKS (SNOW & ICE GAMES #1)

Welcome to the Snow and Ice Games where the competition is fierce and the romance is HOT.

Rowan Andrews is the unexpected darling of the Denver Snow and Ice Games. Luge has never captured the American public’s imagination as much as figure skating or even hockey, but her outsized personality and dare-devil ways have got everyone’s eyes glued to the track. Including a certain chart-topping heartthrob.

Zane Rivera is the lead singer of License to Game, the hottest band in the country. When Zane finds out Rowan Andrews has had some complimentary things to say about him, he arranges to meet her while he’s in Denver enjoying the games. And when a photo of him kissing Rowan on the cheek goes viral, they both see the advantages of faking a relationship for the publicity.

After Rowan’s injured in her final race, their relationship starts to feel all too real to Zane. But is this rock star ready to fall in love?

Release Date: December 5, 2017
St. Martin's Swerve
Snow & Ice Games #1
Contemporary Romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Love on the Tracks is the first book in the Snow & Ice Games series from Tamsen Parker and a great start to a new series. I really thought Ms. Parker did a great job setting up the Snow & Ice Games as games for serious athletes. 

I really like both Rowan and Zane as individuals and as a couple. I did laugh out loud a bit when Rowan fan-girled all over Zane when she initially met him.  I would love to blame such reactions on her age, and it partly is true, but I myself have felt that way meeting authors for the first time, so I totally got it. I did expect her to get over her fan-girl issues a bit sooner, but as Rowan was only 20, I gave her a pass for this one issue. Part of why I loved Rowan so much was that she knew who she was and had no problems with going after what she wanted. I love she is such a fierce competitor in luge and she has very little issue speaking her mind.

Zane is the lead singer of Licence to Game, which is the boy band he started out with 10 years ago. At 26 he is a bit more mature than Rowan, but not so much they didn't work for me. I did love that he was already thinking ahead to his next music venture even while still at the top of the game with Licence to Game. I loved that Zane and Rowen were kind of thrown together to help both their images and improve their marketing for their respective groups, yet you could tell early on they had genuine feelings for one another. They also pretty much had trouble keeping their hands off each other when they were together. I loved how passionate they were about both their careers and each other.

I really enjoyed Love on the Tracks and recommend it to anyone who enjoys fast-paced super sexy romances. I am completely hooked on this series after only the first book and can't wait to see where Tamsen Parker takes us with the rest of the books in the series.

Rating: 4 Stars (B-)


No comments: