Wednesday, December 27, 2017

THE BILLIONAIRES: THE STEPBROTHERS (LOVER'S TRIANGLE #3)

This pair of stepbrothers have their sights set on just one woman...

Scarlet Drake is an insurance fraud investigator hot on the heels of the thief who stole a multimillion-dollar art collection from tycoon Michael Vandenberg's Hamptons estate. Unfortunately, the sexy Wolf of Wall Street is also her prime suspect--along with his equally mouthwatering stepbrother, Montana rancher Sam Reed. Scarlet quickly finds herself tangled up in the two devilishly handsome men, and ensnared in a web of family lies.

Michael is used to getting what he wants--and he wants Scarlet in his bed. Sam had no intention of getting emotionally or romantically involved with a woman again, but he can't deny the sizzling chemistry with Scarlet. And when the three of them cave to one sinfully delicious night of sheer decadence, their sexy menage becomes a fiery affair of the heart. But they don't stand a chance at a happily ever after unless all of the absolute truths are finally revealed...

This is a standalone menage romance with an HEA.

Don't miss these other two standalone menage romances THE BILLIONAIRES and THE BILLIONAIRES: THE BOSSES.

Release Date: December 26, 2017
St. Martin's Griffin
Lover's Triangle #3
Contemporary Romance 
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

I read and loved the first two books in the Lover's Triangle series, and couldn't wait to see Scarlet get her story. While I liked aspects of the story, sadly it just didn't grab me as the first two books in the series did.

First of all I'll admit I did like all three of the main characters. Scarlet, Michael, and Sam were all really well developed characters and I loved the time they spent together. I totally felt the attraction between Scarlet and Michael and Scarlet and Sam. In fact the times Scarlet was with the men individually and when they were all together was freaking HOT! I so wanted them to work as a trio, but something kept bugging me about the situation. I think part of the problem I had with this story was the actual distance between where Michael and Sam lived. I didn't ever really feel like either man would change his living situation to make the trio actually work long-term. 

I love suspense in a romance, but that was the other part of the story that fell flat for me. I think more so because it kept dragging on than it not being a good bit of mystery. I had figured out who was behind it long before it was revealed, even if I didn't have the correct reason. It just went on way too long and seemed to overshadow the actual romance between Scarlet, Michael, and Sam.

Rating: 3 Stars (C-)

Nikki’s Review:

This book started out with a bang. It was sultry and sexy from the get go. The steam between Michael and Scarlet was hot. And then when Michael's stepbrother, Sam, was introduced into the mix...wow! My love for this book ends here. It had such promise and then it took a nose dive. 

Scarlet is investigating a possible insurance fraud. During her investigation she falls fast and hard for Sam and Michael.

By the time I hit about half way through the book, I started to get bored. The suspense aspect wasn't thrilling me anymore. It felt like it was dragging on and not really adding to the story. I wanted more time with the three main characters building the relationship. The chemistry that I picked up on at the beginning started to fade. It kinda left me not caring anymore. 

The ending was meh at best, and the epilogue was inadequate. It just didn't feel like it was finished. I wanted to love this book, and I thought I would because I was so into it at the beginning, but it fell short. This is book three in the series, but I don't think you need to have read the first two follow along. 


Rating: 2 Stars (C)

No comments: