Monday, January 15, 2018

SEDUCTION ON THE SLOPES (SNOW AND ICE GAMES #2)

Miles Palmer has dominated the downhill slalom in every Snow and Ice Games he’s competed in. Double gold, double gold, double gold, and he’s confident he can round out his career and his trophy case with two more medals in his last appearance at the games. The only thing that could stop him? Crash Delaney.

Crash is a young upstart who came out of nowhere and shocked the downhill world with his swagger and untraditional style. As a kid, Crash didn’t have the resources to learn how to race properly, but he begged, borrowed, and stole equipment, and went to any competition he could thumb a ride to. Now the only thing between him and his dreams coming true is his childhood hero, the man whose posters have graced his walls since before he’d ridden in his first chairlift.

Miles and Crash are technically teammates, but you wouldn’t know it from the way they fight. The veteran and the nobody have both got big things riding on this race, and neither can afford any distractions. Especially not each other.

Release Date: January 16, 2018
St. Martin's Press Swerve
Contemporary Romance/M/M Romance
Snow and Ice Games #2
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's Review:

Seduction on the Slopes is the second book in the Snow and Ice Games series from Tamsen Parker. I first heard about the series at the Fall in Love with New England conference when the author was talking about how she came up with the idea for the series and knew I had to read each book in the series. 

Miles Parker and Crash Delaney are pretty much polar opposites when it comes to how they were raised and how they have trained in their sport. Miles came from a family where he had every advantage for training and equipment. Crash literally pieces his equipment together from the lost and found and even steals a few items at times. Miles has complete support from his family where as Crash has been on his own since he was 16. Even with all their differences, I found myself loving each of these guys so much.

I also love the banter between Miles and Crash. Miles is the veteran who is put in charge of keeping Crash in line. While initially I wondered how these two guys could ever be friends, yet alone lovers, I knew their mutual attraction would win out in the end. I had to laugh their physical relationship started to calm Crash down before interviews, yet they became much more intimate with each passing day. Seriously the heat factor between Miles and Crash was smoking hot! I totally fell for them as a couple and hated they had to compete against one another in the Snow and Ice Games. They became not only lovers but, real teammates and I knew only one could come out on top in the Games.

I've been hooked on the Snow and Ice Games series from the very first book. Tamsen Parker pulls me in from the very first page and makes me not only care about the competition of the athletes, but the couples that have developed in each book so far. I'm so glad I discovered Tamsen Parker and can't wait to start reading her back list as soon as I finish all of the Snow and Ice Games books.

Rating: 4 Stars (B)



No comments: