Friday, March 09, 2018

SPICED (MISFIT BRIDES #6)

Dueling neighbors, baby fever, fake boyfriends, and pizza... Life in Bliss has never been better!

Pepper Blue wants a baby. Forget the husband. She’s better at training men to be good husbands for other women than she is at getting one herself, so she’s doing this on her own.

But she hasn’t exactly shared the news with her family, and they’re determined to find her a date to the next family wedding. A date that won’t leave with one of her sisters or cousins. This time.

Which means Pepper Blue needs a fake boyfriend. A fake boyfriend that she has no chance of actually falling in love with. A fake boyfriend like her obnoxious neighbor.

Tony Cross is a pizza god with a sausage problem. He’s putting on a good show—a different woman at his house every night, flirting with all the right customers, flexing his muscles when called upon—but since his divorce, his meat has been more on the undercooked side. If you know what he means.

Except, unfortunately, when it comes to his annoyingly perfect, always put together, too good for him neighbor. Pepper Blue. Who is not a viable candidate for fixing his “little problem.”

So he’s not sure why he’s coming to her rescue, pretending to be her boyfriend to save her from a bad date at his pizza joint. He just knows it’s fun. And it irritates her. And it turns out, she might be able to help his flagging pizza sales as much as she’s helping his flagging… you know.

So long as this is just business, he’s happy to keep pushing her buttons.

All night long, if he has to.

Release Date: March 3, 2018
Misfit Brides #6
Contemporary romance
Review copy provided by publisher

Liza's review:

Spiced is the newest release in the Misfit Brides series from Jamie Farrell. Any book my Jamie Farrell is going to be filled with emotions, love, and laughter, and Spiced fit the bill perfectly.

First I must thank Jamie for giving us a list with all the Blue siblings and their order of birth at the front of Spiced. It gets seriously hard to keep up with that many siblings at times, so I loved having a place to check on birth order. Spiced is Pepper Blue's book and I have to say that while there were times I was almost moved to tears, most of the time I was laughing out loud as I read the story.

Pepper wants a baby but not a husband. I love she is such a strong and take-charge woman that she is willing to do what it takes to make her dreams come true. To keep her family from setting her up with every single guy in the area, she makes a deal with her next-door neighbor Tony Cross, who happens to own Pepperoni Tony's Pizza in town. Let me just say that Pepper and Tony were so freaking funny together. Neither one of them really wants to be in a relationship, yet they each need help from the other right now and the more time they spend together, the more time they want to spend together. They both come from crazy families, and I have to say I fell for them as a couple long before they really thought they were a couple. I thought they had great chemistry and loved seeing them move from adversaries to friends to lovers. 

I loved we also got to spend time with so much of the Blue clan in Spiced, especially Gran. That woman makes me laugh so hard, with only Kimmie making me laugh more in any book. We also got to spend time with many of my favorite characters we have met over the course of the series and that makes me so happy as I love revisiting with favorite characters. The Misfit Brides series really is my favorite series of books from Jamie Farrell and I usually end up rereading at least a few of the books after each new release. I highly recommend Spiced as well as the entire Misfit Brides series of books to readers who adore emotional romances filled with laughter.


Rating: 4 Stars (B+)


No comments: